Robyn Harding is the author of Her Pretty Face and the international bestseller The Party. She has also written four novels of contemporary women’s fiction, a young adult novel, and a comedic memoir with an environmental focus. Her books have been translated into seven languages. In addition, she is the screenwriter and executive producer of an independent film, The Steps, which premiered at TIFF and was the Miami International Film Festival’s closing gala film. Harding resides in Vancouver with her husband, two kids, and a seven-pound dog with no teeth. Website: robynharding.com. Instagram: @rhardingwriter.
For More Information
Reviews for Her Pretty Face:
- “But one of these women is hiding the fact that they’re actually a murderer — a secret that will threaten their friendship forever” – In Pop Sugar
- “A bit of gallows humor, such as when Frances fantasizes outrageous ways that she could kill a mom who’s particularly rude to her, leavens the dark subject matter” – In Kirkus Reviews
- “I consider female friendships to be one of the most powerful and complex of all interpersonal relationships. They are ripe for drama!” – In Book Trib
- “A tale of double deceit, but who can be forgiven and who cannot? In her newest novel, Robyn Harding explores the limits of friendship, and the lengths people will go to hide old secrets” – On Kobo.com
- “‘I am a mom of two kids. I’ve spent many years standing on the school playground making friends with other mothers and parents. It was the centre of my universe at the time. The thought of someone with [a violent] history infiltrating such a safe place was fascinating to me'” – On the CBC
Her Pretty Face
Kate is everything Frances is not: beautiful, wealthy, powerful, and confident. And for some reason, Kate’s not interested in being friends with any of the other moms at Forrester Academy, the elite school their sons attend – only Frances. As the two bond over their disdain of the Forrester snobs and the fierce love they have for their sons, a startling secret threatens to tear them apart. One of these women is not whom she seems. Her real name is Amber Kunik. And she’s a murderer.